If you are planning to remodel your home, one of the best ways to upgrade its look and feel is by changing the flooring. Carlisle hardwood flooring is one of the popular choices for homeowners who are looking for a durable, high-quality, and stylish flooring option. In this article, we will provide an in-depth review of Carlisle hardwood flooring, including its features, benefits, and drawbacks.
- 1 About Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
- 2 The History of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
- 3 Features and Benefits of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
- 4 Drawbacks of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
- 5 Carlisle Wide Plank Floors Cost: Understanding the Investment
- 6 What are Carlisle Wide Plank Floors?
- 7 Carlisle wide plank floors cost?
- 8 Types of Wood Offered by Carlisle:
- 9 Customer Reviews of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring
- 10 Conclusion:
About Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors is a company that specializes in producing high-quality, custom-made hardwood flooring. They have been in the business for more than 50 years and are known for their expertise in creating unique, wide-plank flooring options that are made from the highest quality wood species.
Carlisle offers a wide range of hardwood flooring options, including oak, maple, hickory, cherry, walnut, and more. They also offer various finishes, textures, and colors, allowing homeowners to choose a style that fits their personal taste and home décor.
The History of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
Carlisle Hardwood Flooring was founded in 1966 by Ralph and Donna Robbins. They began their journey in a small New Hampshire workshop and quickly gained a reputation for crafting high-quality, custom hardwood flooring. Today, Carlisle is a leading manufacturer and installer of wide plank hardwood flooring in North America. Their floors are found in some of the most prestigious homes and commercial properties across the continent.
One of the things that sets Carlisle apart is their commitment to sustainability. They only use wood from sustainable forests, ensuring that their products are both beautiful and environmentally responsible. Additionally, they use a waste-free manufacturing process, which minimizes their impact on the environment.
Features and Benefits of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
- Durability: One of the significant advantages of Carlisle hardwood flooring is its durability. Their flooring is made from high-quality wood species that are known for their strength and resistance to wear and tear. Carlisle offers a lifetime guarantee on their hardwood flooring, which speaks to the quality and durability of their product.
- Customization: Another benefit of Carlisle hardwood flooring is that it is custom-made to fit the homeowner’s specific needs and preferences. They offer a wide range of customization options, including the type of wood species, the finish, the texture, and the color.
- Wide planks: Carlisle is known for its wide plank flooring options, which create a unique and stylish look in any home. Their wide planks range from 6 to 12 inches in width, making them wider than the standard hardwood flooring planks that are typically 2-3 inches wide.
- Sustainability: Carlisle is committed to sustainability and environmental responsibility. They source their wood from well-managed forests and use eco-friendly processes in their production methods.
- Expertise: With more than 50 years of experience in the hardwood flooring industry, Carlisle has established itself as a leader in the field. Their team of experts is knowledgeable about the different wood species and finishes and can help homeowners choose the best options for their home.
Drawbacks of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring:
One of the drawbacks of Carlisle hardwood flooring is its high cost. Carlisle flooring is known for its premium quality, which comes at a premium price. This can make it less accessible to some homeowners or contractors who are working with a tight budget.
Another drawback of Carlisle hardwood flooring is its limited availability. Carlisle is a specialty manufacturer, and their products are not available at all home improvement stores or flooring retailers. This can make it difficult for some homeowners or contractors to find and purchase Carlisle flooring.
Carlisle hardwood flooring can be more challenging to install than some other types of flooring. It often requires professional installation, which can add to the overall cost of the project. Additionally, Carlisle flooring may require special subfloor preparation or installation techniques, which can make the installation process more complicated and time-consuming.
While Carlisle hardwood flooring is highly durable and long-lasting, it does require some maintenance to keep it looking its best. Regular cleaning, polishing, and refinishing may be necessary to keep the floor in good condition. This can be a time-consuming and expensive process.
Carlisle hardwood flooring comes with a limited warranty, which may not provide as much coverage as some other flooring warranties. This can be a concern for some homeowners or contractors who are looking for a flooring product with a more comprehensive warranty.
Carlisle Wide Plank Floors Cost: Understanding the Investment
When it comes to flooring, the cost is often a significant consideration for homeowners. With so many options available, it can be challenging to understand the investment required for each. Carlisle wide plank floors are a popular choice for those seeking a high-quality, durable, and beautiful flooring solution. But, what is the cost of Carlisle wide plank floors, and is it worth the investment? In this article, we’ll explore the answer to this question, along with some frequently asked questions about Carlisle wide plank floors.
What are Carlisle Wide Plank Floors?
Before we delve into the cost of Carlisle wide plank floors, let’s take a moment to understand what they are. Carlisle Wide Plank Floors is a company that specializes in creating premium hardwood floors with a width of 8 inches or more. The company has been in business for over 50 years and is known for its high-quality products and excellent customer service. Carlisle offers a wide range of wood species, finishes, and textures to create a unique flooring solution tailored to each homeowner’s style and needs.
Carlisle wide plank floors cost?
The cost of Carlisle Wide Plank Floors can vary depending on a number of factors, including the specific product line, the type of wood used, the finish selected, and the size of the project.
Generally, the cost of Carlisle Wide Plank Floors can range from $12 to $25 per square foot for materials only. The cost of installation is typically not included in this price and will depend on the complexity of the installation and the location of the project.
It’s important to note that Carlisle Wide Plank Floors are known for their high quality and craftsmanship, which can justify the higher cost when compared to other flooring options. Additionally, they offer a wide range of customization options, so the final cost will depend on the specific details of your project.
Types of Wood Offered by Carlisle:
Carlisle offers a wide variety of wood species to choose from, including:
- White Oak: White oak is a popular choice for hardwood flooring due to its strength, durability, and natural beauty. It has a distinctive grain pattern and a light, neutral color that complements any decor.
- Red Oak: Red oak is another popular choice for hardwood flooring. It has a warm, reddish-brown color and a pronounced grain pattern that adds character to any space.
- Hickory: Hickory is one of the hardest and most durable hardwood species available. It has a distinctive grain pattern and a warm, golden-brown color that adds warmth and richness to any room.
- Maple: Maple is a light-colored hardwood with a subtle grain pattern. It has a clean, modern look that works well in contemporary spaces.
- Walnut: Walnut is a rich, dark hardwood with a luxurious feel. It has a subtle grain pattern and a deep, warm color that adds elegance to any room.
- Cherry: Cherry is a warm, reddish-brown hardwood with a distinctive grain pattern. It has a classic, timeless look that works well in traditional spaces.
- Ash: Ash is a light-colored hardwood with a bold, pronounced grain pattern. It has a clean, modern look that works well in contemporary spaces.
- Reclaimed Heart Pine: Reclaimed heart pine is a unique hardwood that has been salvaged from old buildings and repurposed for flooring. It has a warm, rustic look that adds character and charm to any space.
Customer Reviews of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring
So, what are customers saying about Carlisle Hardwood Flooring? The consensus is that Carlisle’s products are top-notch in terms of quality, durability, and beauty. Here are a few reviews from satisfied customers:
“Carlisle flooring is simply the best. We recently had their white oak flooring installed in our living room and it looks amazing. The quality is outstanding and the customer service was fantastic. We couldn’t be happier with our purchase.” – Emily M.
“I had Carlisle hardwood flooring installed in my home over a year ago and it still looks as beautiful as the day it was installed. The durability is impressive and the wide plank design is simply stunning.” – Robert P.
“We chose Carlisle because of their commitment to sustainability, but we were blown away by the beauty and quality of their products. We chose reclaimed heart pine for
our kitchen and it’s become the focal point of our home. We receive compliments on it all the time and it’s held up incredibly well.” – Laura S.
Overall, it’s clear that Carlisle Hardwood Flooring has a loyal following of satisfied customers who rave about the quality and beauty of their products.
In summary, if you’re in the market for premium hardwood flooring, Carlisle Hardwood Flooring is definitely worth considering. With over 50 years of experience, a commitment to sustainability, and a wide variety of wood species to choose from, Carlisle offers some of the best hardwood flooring on the market. Additionally, their customer service and attention to detail are top-notch, ensuring that you’ll be satisfied with your purchase for years to come.
Whether you’re looking for a warm, traditional look or a clean, modern aesthetic, Carlisle has a hardwood flooring option that will work for you. So why wait? Invest in the best and enjoy the beauty and durability of Carlisle Hardwood Flooring in your home today.